Well, you might exercise a lot, but that doesn’t mean that you can hog on food. The role of a well-balanced diet in ensuring a healthy body and mind cannot be undermined. One has to stick to healthy eating to ensure that they have good health. But healthy eating doesn’t mean that you skip your meal, or only have to eat veggies. There are different things that come together to create a healthy diet, and in this blog, we are going to understand the benefit of having a well-balanced diet.
What is a Balanced Diet?
Let’s first understand what is a balanced diet and what comprises a balanced diet. A balanced diet is a mix of all the nutrients that are going to give your body all the necessary vitamins, protein, and carbohydrates along with other micronutrients that will keep you healthy and boost your metabolism. With good metabolism, you can easily keep your weight in check and ensure good health. A well-balanced diet includes:
Let’s put it simply: a balanced diet should offer you 60-70% of total calories from carbohydrates, 10-12% from proteins and 20-25% of total calories from fat. So, if you are looking for losing weight and becoming healthier, we are going to help you with this. Read ahead to know more about the benefits of a well-balanced diet.
- Gives you a Boost of Energy- When you are starting your day, you need food that can keep you healthy and also ensure that you have enough energy to drive your day through. With a well-balanced diet, it becomes easier for you to have the energy and proteins that will strengthen your immune system and metabolism. With the right boost of energy throughout the day, you are assured that you don’t feel lethargic.
- Meets your Nutritional Requirements- Your body needs protein, carbs, fats and vitamins in the right quantity. Skipping on either of these is going to make you lack essential nutrient supply, thus impacting your health. With a well-balanced diet, you will never suffer from nutritional deficiencies and will also have all the nutrients that are going to keep you healthy.
- Keeps your Heart Healthy– Eating a well-balanced diet which also has fruits and veggies that are rich in anti-oxidants prevent various diseases, like with the right diet you can keep diseases like heart issues, cancer, high blood pressure and diabetes at bay. Eating right also ensures that you can overcome illness, and it also helps in improving health conditions.
- Boosts Metabolism– Eating diet, which is rich in fibrous fruits and veggies will not only give you the boost of fibers and nutrients, but it also helps in improving the metabolism. With better metabolism, you are assured that you are fit and also don’t put up extra weight.
It is rightly said that healthy food ensures a healthy mind. You can also connect with a good dietician for this, but that is not mandatory. Eating the right food at the right time will help you. Here are certain things to remember for a balanced diet:
- Make sure you don’t skip your breakfast
- Eat food rich in protein and carbs so you have enough energy and strength throughout the day
- Water is a must
- Skip additional sugar
- Eat 2 hours prior to sleeping to ensure complete digestion of food and keep weight gain at bay.
These are some key information related to a well-balanced diet. Make sure that you eat your food right to remain healthy.