Eating healthy food plays a key role in maintaining good health. The right balance of food, having all the necessary vitamins and proteins, helps in boosting the immune system.
Health benefits of a balanced diet
• A balanced diet strengthens your immune system and prevents weight gain
• You feel energetic and improves the way your body functions
• A balanced diet meets your nutritional needs and provides nutrients for any deficiency
• Prevents and treats certain diseases like diabetes, heart conditions, high or low blood pressure.
What makes a balanced diet?
Margaret Mead had rightly said, “It is easier to change a man’s religion than to change his diet.” In a recent study, 50% of the people (that were polled) in the country confessed that doing taxes is easier than selecting a diet. So here are some easy steps to help you start your journey towards healthy living.
• Maintain a healthy gut- Consume probiotic foods like apple cider vinegar, yogurt and soft cheese as these are gut-friendly. Healthy gut bacteria ensures proper digestion and extraction of nutrients from the food.
• Never skip a meal- The most important rule of a balanced diet is not skipping any meal. Skipping meals lowers your metabolism rate, which means you burn lesser calories. Breakfast is the vital meal of the day.
• Focus on nutritional value- Always focus on the nutritional content of the food rather than the calories. It’s the quality of the calories that impacts our health, not the quantity.
• Keep yourself hydrated- Drink lots of water. Keep a bottle of water near you while you are working or watching TV.
• Eat less than what you feel- Always eat on smaller plates as your brain thinks that you have eaten enough, and this way, you can control the portion size of your meal. A bigger plate and less portion make the mind thing that you haven’t eaten enough, and you serve yourself another portion.
• Munch on healthy snacks- Keep a supply of healthy snacks in your kitchen so that whenever you are hungry between meals, instead of munching on unhealthy chips, you will indulge in healthy options.
These are just some of the key ways to have a balanced diet that ensures a healthy body. Starting with eating well only makes it easier to stay in shape and maintain your overall health.
Start making these changes today and make 2021 your healthiest year.
Read more to have a view at the fitness and nutrition based services that our personal trainers in London provide.