Fitness and health should be your primary objective. A healthy body is a place for a healthy soul and a medium to have a happy life. The sedentary lifestyle and excessive workload have made people skip the daily exercise routine. Although gym and fitness centres have become a trend, their impact is restricted to a niche. Hence, people are now relying on a personal trainer who can assess the strength and weakness of an individual and then prepare a customised exercise plan that can help an individual become fit. There has been a massive increase in the requirements of a personal trainer lately.
Who is a personal trainer?
These are certified and experienced fitness trainers and instructors who have vast knowledge about the various forms of exercises, and the right way of introducing it to individuals. They also have the expertise to help people recover from injury and get back to their normal life. Many of these people are working at a gym or other fitness centres. But nowadays, they provide personalised one-to-one services.
How is a personal trainer going to help you?
As a naive person, you may feel that a personal trainer, a fitness instructor and a gym instructor are the same. Well, they may have the same line of work, but when it comes to rendering services, the personal trainer prepares the exercise regime as per the need of an individual. Here is why hiring a personal trainer is going to be helpful:
- Follow the right exercise– When it comes to fitness, one size doesn’t fit all. Every individual and their stamina is different. Hence, there is a need for a trainer who can assess this and prepare an exercise plan accordingly. The work of a personal trainer is the same. They customise the exercise plan in a way that you will start witnessing the results faster compared to the gyms that prescribe one-size-fits-all type training programmes.
- Versatility– Many people tend to leave exercising because of the monotony. However, with a personal trainer, you will have a partner who will keep on encouraging you to workout without getting bored. They also instruct new exercises to break the monotony.
- Recovery from injury- If a person has suffered from an injury or has undergone a surgery, then they cannot instantly go back to the regular exercising regime. In fact, daily chores also become a mountainous task. But with a personal trainer, all these problems are rectified. They will help in recovering from injury by following the right set of exercises.
- Prepare your progress report– Whether you are going to a gym or getting the help of a personal trainer, you are going to follow an exercising regime. Still, at the same time, it is also essential to check if you are actually benefitting from it. A professional personal trainer is going to prepare a progress report of fitness and health that will help in assessing whether or not the exercises are helping. In case there is a gap, your trainer will improvise the plan to make it further effective.
Conclusion– With all these set of benefits and aid that a personal trainer brings, hiring them for personal fitness is an excellent idea.
Personal Trainer is a fitness professional with educational background of exercise science and is trained enough to teach people about exercise and fitness. They have deep knowledge about human anatomy, physiology, how muscles work, and which nutrients are required to achieve which benefits. They are trained and educated extensively, as they need to develop a safe and efficient training program for their clients.
Every client has different fitness goals, so personal trainers make a training regime that meets the specific needs of clients. Personal trainers also know that no exercise regime is complete without proper nutritional backup support. They know abs are made in the kitchen not in the gym. It’s the diet pattern we follow that bring out visible changes in our body along with the training routine.
So, some personal trainers get themselves educated and certified in nutrition field also, because they know clients are going to ask those questions related to their diet intake during training program and their exercise regime will be incomplete without proper diet plan.
As a client you can choose a personal trainer with a nutritionist background, as this will help you in getting fitness and food advice from the same person. Personal trainers in London are equipped with sufficient knowledge and experience to suggest clients on their gym performance while rectifying their diet-style as well.
Along with exercise regime, personal trainers help in losing weight and gaining muscle strength with nutritional advice also. Here are some reasons why you should choose personal trainer for nutritional guidance.
- Manage Your Calories – Personal trainers help you manage your extra calorie intake. They will give you techniques on how to eat less by having more filling food items and how to avoid calorie-filled drinks and munching snacks. They will bring you on a calorie management diet-style.
- Better Food Selection – As personal trainers have vast knowledge about good and bad food items, they will guide you on how to choose natural fruits, vegetables and whole grains over processed food items. Also, they will guide you to choose water, buttermilk or herbal tea over sugary carbonated drinks.
- Proper Eating Cycle – Having a proper eating cycle is very important in hitting your fitness goals. A personal trainer in London will provide you enough awareness about what to eat before and after workout, why you should not skip breakfast, how eating at proper time intervals fuels your metabolism, and much more.
- Nutrients Information – Our body needs all kinds of nutrients – macro and micro. Both types of nutrients perform unique functions in our body, and your personal trainer will guide you about all the functions that these macro and micro nutrients perform in your body. They will also help you understand how it is essential to have them in required amount on daily basis in your diet. In short, personal trainer will make your diet rich in the exact nutrients that your body needs to achieve your fitness goals.
- Overall Healthy Lifestyle – Only hitting the gym will not give the results that you expect. You need to adopt a holistic approach in achieving fitness goals. Personal trainer in London will guide you on four pillars of healthy lifestyle – nutritious diet, optimal rest and hydration, regular workout routine, and positive thinking in life. All these four pillars, when put together, bring out an overall healthy change in life and help you achieve not only fitness goals but other goals in life as well.
Fulfilling your fitness goals without following a proper diet plan is next to impossible and personal trainer is the best person who can guide you on this along with your training regime.
Recovering from a physical injury, be it a sports injury, a car accident or a medical illness, is a long and frustrating process especially for an active person. It feels like whole life has come to a halt. If you are a sports person, it becomes even more difficult for you to wait till you get recovered completely. But if you think in a positive way, this whole recovery process can bring new insights to try some new ways of joining a training program and experience some different benefits.
It is a slow process and takes time, so you need to keep patience. Don’t try to rush the process and push yourself beyond what is safe for you. Hiring a personal trainer at this time is very much essential for wholesome and safe recovery. But before hiring a personal trainer, first you need to take clearance from your physician, and then you can go ahead with training with your personal trainer.
Personal trainer will help you recover safely as soon as possible and will ensure that you stay motivated throughout the entire recovery process. He will first analyze and get details about your injury and then design a training program accordingly. Here are few benefits of doing training with a personal trainer in the recovery process.
- Emphasis on Recovery – When faced with an injury, body’s main priority is to recover first. Recovery means increasing muscle mass and giving time to tissues to heal in the injured area. Personal trainer will keep these important things in mind and design and implement the training regime accordingly. Your trainer will tell you to put a pause to your regular routine in order to get recovered completely. Training with a personal trainer will help you stay focused on the end goal of full recovery rather than chasing the short term improvement.
- Strengthen the Injured Area in Safe and Effective Way – Often people want to hurry up their recovery process and sometimes attempt to perform restricted area movement that can cause more harm instead of benefiting. A professional personal trainer will make you do some light to moderate resistance exercises for joints and muscles without causing any discomfort to the injured area. They might also combine resistance and range of motion exercises in a safe and effective manner.
- Training Unilaterally – We can’t isolate a muscle, but we can train unilaterally while recovering from an injury. In simple words, it means training each limb separately. Normally, training regime involves bilateral exercises in which stronger side takes over the weaker side in order to compensate the weak part. But in unilateral exercise regime, the weak limb is trained as hard as the strong one in order to work on strength imbalance during the recovery process.
- Nutrition Plan – While training with a personal trainer is very important to speed up your recovery process in a safe way, it is equally important to take care of your nutritional needs during this time. A personal trainer would be the best person to guide you through this. They will bring you on a diet plan that includes more of protein, calcium and good fats, as all of these help in healing injured tissues and cells.
- Support and Motivation – It is very natural to experience feelings of frustration, anxiety and boredom during the long recovery process, as you are prohibited to perform your favorite physical activities. So, having an understanding and supportive personal trainer will help you overcome these trivial emotions in order to reach your goal of full recovery.
Hope you realized that recovering from an injury is not an easy task and demands for a professional’s help. There is no one better than a personal trainer on this journey towards recovery.
Strength training or cardio workouts can be intimidating to every new gymmer, primarily if one has never used those heavy machines and pulleys. Whether your goal is to lose fat, build muscles mass or achieve a fitter physique, weight training can help you with everything.
Strength training is also known as resistance training or weight training, where you strengthen your bones and build stronger muscles. Cardio alone does not cut your belly fat! Therefore, if you haven’t started strength training, it’s never too late to start. This type of training is suitable for both men and women, and you can begin at any age.
Above all, you don’t have to be a fitness enthusiast or need sophisticated gym equipment. You can simply use the resistance band, free weights and home fitness equipment to start strength training.
If you are interested in weight training, below are the tips that every beginner should consider in no time!
For strength or cardio training, it is necessary to get your heart rate up before stepping on the machines. Initially, start with a 5-minute warmup session that includes jogging, walking, or dynamic stretching. Dynamic stretching is one of the best exercises for the warmup sessions.
While doing dynamic stretching, your movements are under control, that increases your range of motion. You can also try some butt kicks and walking lunges.
- Know The Proper Techniques
Whether you are a beginner or expert, learning the proper form and techniques are essential. Proper techniques ensure that you are working on the right muscle group without any consequences. If you are very new to exercises, it’s better to start with single training sessions. You can even take help from your personal trainer to show you perfect motions, grips, and techniques.
- Determine The Amount Of Weight For Yourself
Whenever you are starting your training sessions, experimenting with different weight is essential. Try to never mess up with the weights because you can injure your muscles.
For instance- if you are doing four sets of biceps curls with 12 reps, your arms will get fatigued in the drop sets, especially in the fourth one. You will experience discomfort, and your arms will start shaking. Start your first set with minimum heavyweight and drop down the weight in the third set.
Strength training tears up your muscles, and rest is vital for the overall growth. Tearing up your muscle tissues is good only if you are allowing them to heal appropriately. Any beginner or expert need 24-36 hours of the rest period to heal your muscle tissues. Beginners are mostly excited at the start of Weight Training programs, but they end up injuring their muscles. Soreness is good, but the pain is harmful!
Weight Training is the best way to build lean muscle mass and lose fat quickly. If you are interested in strength training, start your workout session with lighter weights until you learn the right techniques. Later you can gradually increase your weights without injuring yourself. Lastly, ensure you are working on every muscle group for optimal fitness and strength.